Welcome to my blog.

Welcome to my blog.

Saturday 11 June 2011

Getting there!

Today I could have worked on my stitching for awhile but I have been really bugged for some time now by the fact I just cannot get to grips with crochet.
So I again took up my hook and this time a coloured ball of wool as I thought it might be easier to see what I was doing than with the white and I gave it a stab!

This is what I was attempting:

Please excuse the flash on the picture, but I think you can still see it.

Then here is my offering.



I know it's far from perfect .... BUT ... for the first time I actually felt like I could see what I was meant to be doing. The reason mine looks so different is that on the last round I changed it and did all pointy bits, whereas if you look at the picture it's like a flat, then pointy, then flat and so on.

I'd like to say this was on purpose, letting my creative self burst forth ....
But no, it was a complete mistake on my part! I didn't finish reading the pattern for that part before rushing off to complete the round (BLUSH).

Anyhow, the intertesting thing to me is, that I feel confident to remove that row and put it right occording to the pattern, which I have never been able to do before. 
So yes, I think in this SLOW journey of mine to teach myself to crochet ... I JUST MIGHT, actually be finally GETTING THERE!!!!!!

YAY!

:)

2 comments:

  1. Hey sis! You're doing great on your crochet. Eventually, you'll be an expert.

    Sorry I wasn't online for long because of so many things, but I will send you an email soon. And also, I will try to find in my bookmarks some of crochet tutorials that are so easy to follow and will send to you the link. Also, I will catch up on reading your previous posts and will leave comments there.

    Miss you my dearest sis :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's pretty awesome. Well done *claps*

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave me a message. I really appreciate it.
:)