So here it is as the moment:
My mum doesn't like it, but hopefully once it has a bit of a border on she'll like it better.
So as well, I found a varigated ball of wool in the charity shop cheap and have been experimenting with it.
Crochet flower ...
Would obviously look better in a block colour, but I was just experimenting as I've never attempted a flower yet.
Also, in the same wool I made two little doilies. The reason I'm so pleased with these is that I used a Japanese pattern and read it only from symbols, whereas I've only really worked from written instructions or youtube demo's so far. So it was a challenge, but I enjoyed it. I also modified the border at the end from their pattern.
Anyhow here's one of them:
Sorry, up to my usual dodgy photo skills as you can see!
And here's one of the three together:
They were all pretty quick to do and I enjoyed making them.
Not yet blocked as you can see. I really need to get something I can block on. That's something I haven't sorted out yet, so nothing get's blocked at the moment. I'm sure it would take a better shape if I could do that with them.
Anyhow, I'm off to make tea now. Hope you all have a great evening!