Welcome to my blog.

Welcome to my blog.

Thursday 3 February 2011

Improving.

Saskia is definitely improving!
Less nips, easier to pick up and although she still trys to run, she's easy enough to catch hold of.

Here's a short video to show her progress. Not best quality, but you can see her.
The good thing was I even got some stitching time in last night as she's improving so well.
:)

The other good news is that I have ordered my pens for gridding. One for the Haed and a white one for the black fabric of the Big Cats design.
Having never really gridded, I'm really keen to try it out.
All that's left to do now, is to make a decision between 22ct and 25ct for my Snow Leopard. I really can't decide.  I want to do full crosses and will probably do 2 over 1.
I might see if I've got some scraps of those counts to test the coverage on each, then hopefully I can get my fabric ordered and once that arrives ... I'm good to go!
:)

7 comments:

  1. I'm glad to hear she is improving!

    It really is hard to believe that something so adorable can be so nasty! haha.

    Gridding pens! I have never heard of them. Where did you get them? They would be so much easier than sewing the grid onto the aida!!
    I guess they just wash out after you have finished stitching?

    Good luck with deciding what count to use and taming the little adorable beast! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bec, I ordered some of these off ebay:
    http://shop.ebay.co.uk/habbyworld/m.html?_nkw=marker+pen&_sacat=0&_odkw=&_osacat=0&_trksid=p3911.c0.m270.l1313
    I am trying water erasable and the air vanishing ones, to see which I like.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmm, the link didn't work.
    If you go on ebay and type in 'fabric pens water erasable' or 'fabric pen vanishing' it should bring them up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Saskia is gorgeous and getting so much tamer.
    I love my gridding pen (blue) but am really interested in the white one as I have a project on black evenweave all kitted up and that would make life so much easier if it works well. Please let us know how you get on.

    ReplyDelete
  5. :) Thanks heaps for that.

    I might just order one to try it out.

    Happy Stitching
    Bec

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're welcome Bec. :)

    Midge, I'll do a post showing it once I start gridding with it. I'm going to be using it on black aida, so it'll give you an idea.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gridding definitely makes my stitching life easy! And with the pens, it is easier!

    :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave me a message. I really appreciate it.
:)