Welcome to my blog.

Welcome to my blog.

Tuesday 1 March 2011

Stash splurge!

It's been quite awhile since I was able to get any large amounts of stash, but I have had a real treat!

I was given some money by a relative and told I had to spend it only on me and on something nice I'd enjoy (as I don't really spend much on myself).
Anyhow, Tom was off for two weeks to Bible school and was a bit short on being able to buy the laptop he'd been saving for. I knew he so wanted to take it with him as he could load it with research tools. So I gave him my money.

Now he has saved and has enough to pay me back so I visited sewandso and had a wonderful stash splurge!!
I'm SO excited!

I have bought a snap frame lap frame I have wanted to try for a long time now, also the hardanger book I have been wanting. 2 packs of my favourite needles, John James petites. Size 28 (my absolute favourite) and size 24.  I should have got a pack of size 22 as well, as I'll need them for hardanger, but I can get them once I get some threads.
Lastly 4 Rose coaster designs I wanted for my front room.

I'm over the moon and in total stashy drool mode!

Close up's ... plastic snap frame, the table/lap type, plus the hardanger book.


Needles and coasters!

And the good part of all this is, I still have a little money to get a few threads to use on the hardanger designs!


Back to cooking news ... Last night I made roast beef with roast potatoes, yorkshire puddings and lots of vegetables.  Apart from the fact I was a bit stressed with the timing of things, I actually preferred this oven!
I think once I get used to it and learn it, I'm going to LOVE using it.
:)
The oven being this high energy and different from the normal electric makes it a bit tricky, but overall, I think it's just a case of getting used to it.

Homemade lasagne for tea tonight, plus lots of vegetables. Let's hope it all goes to plan and I still like the cooker by this evening!
Haha!!

:)

6 comments:

  1. Lovely stash!! I'm glad you treated yourself for once. Glad you liked the cooker too. The first spill on the ceramic hob will make you fall in love with it all over again 'cos gas hobs are a real pain to clear up when the milk boils over.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those coasters are going to be gorgeous. Hope you are getting used to your rather splendid looking new cooker.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for being my first follower,it was a lovely surprise when I just logged on :) it took me ages to get the link to work on 'the forum'..never done it before, was supposed to be doing other things this afternoon too!! Btw I love your blog picture.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you! It's a sunset where we live, hubby took it. :)

    It's fun to have followers. At least you feel like someone listens to what you say! lol.

    The cooker is starting to make more sense to me. I have to get used to the hob though. I did some mince in a pan last night and stood waiting ... and waiting ... it took ages to get going. With gas it's always been instant, but I'm sure once I get to grips with it, it'll be fine.

    Midge, I'm being a bit OTT with the hob at the moment. Every splash of water and the tiniest marks and I'm there with my wet kitchen roll and then polishing up the hob conditioner! LOL.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Comments too, yipee.. and yes, once parent always a parent, even if I get the "Mum I am an adult you know!!!"
    I will be Tiger stitching tomorrow, he is staring at me as I type. Please keep reminding me, I will almost certainly need a prod or two :D
    I will let you know when I get the Moving on in Hardanger and Blackwork books. must go and start dinner and at leat look as if i haven't been blogging all day :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your acquisitions Kim! The coasters are so pretty!

    :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave me a message. I really appreciate it.
:)