Welcome to my blog.

Welcome to my blog.

Wednesday 9 March 2011

Catch up.

This morning I thought I'd catch up on my blog.

So as you know, I went out Saturday evening and I really didn't want to go, but as it happens, I really enjoyed it alot.
We actually ended up with front row seats as well, almost centre to the stage, so we had a great view.
They played music in alot of different styles and wasn't at all the 'organ' type music I'd been expecting.
:)

I finally got a picture of the red rose in it's coaster to show you.
It was the best I could get with no glare on it, but it still has shadows from the sun. At least you get the idea though.
I'm really happy with it.

I've made a start on the Lilac one. Not much to see yet, and it has white in it, which doesn't show much at the moment. Hopefully as the darker colours come in the white will look better.




I had a wonderful gift this week, from one of the girls on the forum. A biscornu!
I have long admired these but am totally terrified of attempting one. I know I'll mess up on it.
Anyhow, I am now the VERY proud owner, of the most beautiful biscornu in the world!!
My pictures do not do it justice at all, but I have to show it off anyhow.   :) :)


A bar of chocolate with a chunk taken out! This is totally 'me' LOL and the button in the middle looks so eatable! YUM!


The other side is my favourite colour and the middle part has sparkly thread and the most beautiful button!

A closer view to show the sparklies and button.
It has lavendar in the filling as well and has a delicate, fresh fragrance. It really is so lovely.
I don't know which side to display, I think I'll just keep turning it so both get an airing.
Hasn't she done a fantastic job of this!!
:)

Home wise, I've been kept busy with things. Both the boys have been unwell. I can't believe we all got ill now. Poor Tom has been in alot of pain with his wisdom teeth on top of feeling unwell. I think they're impacted.
We all go to the dentist tonight, which is a good thing as Tom can get sorted and hopefully get something to help the pain for now. Steve has chipped a tooth while eating, so he will probably need a small filling or something.

I want to make some coasters to put ornaments and plants on, on my tables. I haven't the talent to crochet any right now, so I thought maybe to stitch something.  Years ago I made some and handpainted some flowers round the edges, but I have no idea now where they are and they weren't terribly good anyhow, drawing not been a strong point of mine.

I'm going up in the loft later to see what I can find!  If I find them I might show you, depending just how terrible they are! LOL

Have a great day everyone and thanks so much for reading my blog.
:)

2 comments:

  1. Glad you enjoyed your evening out.
    The coaster looks fantastic and the lilac one is coming along very well - I adore the colour of this one.
    Hope the teeth are all sorted soon.
    H x

    ReplyDelete
  2. The red rose looks great!

    Yummy Biscornu! :)
    They are beautiful, what wonderful gifts!

    You really should make a Biscornu. They are so simple and tonnes of fun to make.
    Hey, I made one and it turned out alright, so anyone can do it!! lol

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave me a message. I really appreciate it.
:)