Welcome to my blog.

Welcome to my blog.

Tuesday 22 April 2014

Never seen this before!!

Today I was so excited because my yarn bags (one for me, one for my mum) arrived today, along with a crochet book I bought.
I loved it!!!
That was, I did love it. Then glancing over the packaging I saw something I've never seen before.

It had a warning label on it, California proposition 65.
It says this product can can cancer and birth defects or some thing like that!!

I mean, really???

How can they sell something like that??

I was going to make a post showing my bag, my book and my progress with my projects. Now though, I'm just sat here wondering what to do about these bags ..................


:(

7 comments:

  1. what? I know Christmas lights get the same warning from California..but a bag? I am wondering why?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is strange. I would check into that proposition, and if it's bad enough I would return the bags.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never seen such a warning on anything before, why would a retailer stock something that could be harmful to use? My mind boggles at this Kim

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am not surprised you are wondering about this Kim! Such a shame after the anticiption of receiving them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness....I think I would return the bag....then you never have to worry. What a true shame. :) ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Sis! Good morning! About where I am going to hang my "A Place", I am still thinking where, LOL! I will update you.

    Just crossed my mind, is the warning really for the yarn bags or is it only for the plastic packaging? Because I remember, some plastic packaging of makeups and other things that my sister bought for me contain similar warnings. Just an opinion Sis.

    Miss you and take care always. Regards to the whole family.

    Hugs,
    Toni

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks to everyone for commenting, much appreciated and I have looked into it and have made a blog post with my findings.

    :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave me a message. I really appreciate it.
:)