Welcome to my blog.

Welcome to my blog.

Tuesday 25 January 2011

Sidetracked!!

Yep, I've got a bit sidetracked these past two days. I do intend to get back to the mario sampler and the three other WIP's I have.

Things are quite difficult for my husband at work right now. It looks like the job will be ending in March 2012  and then ... who knows?
So there is alot of stress in his office right now and sadly people are taking it out on each other and talking about each other and , well, it's just not a nice atmosphere.

So I decided to make a little gift for the office. It made me laugh, and I hope it has the same affect on them and lightens the mood a little.
It isn't finished yet, but I thought a sneek peek of this little WIP would be good for my blog followers ... all 2 of you! haha.
Comments would be appreciated.
:)

So far I have only done the text and made a start on the border. The colour, with the picture being taken at night isn't showing up but I'll try and get a better picture once it's finished.
The text is done in DMC Jewel effects E130, the burgandy is a silk rayon thread and the gold is Rainbow gallery petite treasure braids.

:)

3 comments:

  1. I think it is fab. It brought a smile to my face and I think it will at the office too. Fingers crossed that your husbands work-life will improve very quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a pretty one and will surely lighten the atmosphere in your husband's office. Can't wait to see the finished piece my friend!

    Hey, we're now three!!! :-)

    It really feels good to have online friends who shares the same interests. Sometimes, it's hard to rave/rant to others who are not into your hobby. Today, I really feel bad because the store that I frequently buy from already increase the prices of DMC threads. Oh well, there's nothing I can do. I still have to buy the threads despite the increase.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks both. I was hoping it wouldn't come across in an unkind way, I just want to make them smile really.
    :)

    Toni, if the price of the threads gets too high for you locally, could you buy online? I get mine online, it's just too expensive to buy from the shops here sadly.

    You're right, it IS nice to have online friends who share our love of our hobby. No one around me enjoys it, so it's nice we all do! :)

    Another follower!! :D
    Please feel free to come and join in chatting with us. You're more than welcome.
    :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave me a message. I really appreciate it.
:)