Welcome to my blog.

Welcome to my blog.

Tuesday 4 February 2014

Some pictures to share.



Nine months since I last posted on here. Will anyone still read this??

So much has happened but I won't go into that. One thing I'm happy to be able to say though is that my mum is doing well at the moment. :)
She had stents and has been building up her strength and although she has to take things easier, she's back on her feet again.

I've been a bit on and off with doing anything much and some things I made, such as hats and a few small thread doilies, I never took pictures of, but I do have some things to share with you to catch us up to now.




These aren't in order as I can't even remember what I made when, but in picture order ...
First up is a 'scoodie' I crocheted. A lovely thick yarn which I think I used doubled if I remember rightly, but at anyrate, a very warm hood and scarf is the result.


The second picture is a glittery crochet padded purse type cosy for a phone.
I didn't work to any pattern, I just made it up out of my head, lol.
The inside is double crochet which I think I did a FP and BP pattern to make it thick and give the padded effect.
The outside is all HDC. I single crocheted the two together leaving enough to make the flap over for the purse and did a loop to fasten over the button.
On the inside as you open it, I put a little cross stitch picture on black evenweave, just to give a bit of unexpected interest.
Then I crocheted a heart and added a button. I sized it by my own phone, but I gave it to a friend as a present.


Picture three is a knitted ice blue fluffy scarf made by using three balls of eyelash yarn.
It came out really cosy and was another present for a friend.


The fourth picture is of two phone cosies I just made up. Again I just sized them to my own phone and made them up as I went along.


Picture five is my attempt at entrelac. It's tunisian crochet in the round using two balls of yarn and it was only a practice piece. I unravelled it once I got the hang of things.
I just wanted to try tunisian crochet and then I decided to try entrelac as well.
I just used a normal crochet hook.


Picture six is of a small piece of hardanger that I had done and then I crocheted a back and the sides and added a small hanging loop, to make a nice decorative tile.


The seventh picture is a full sized crochet ripple blanket I made. Very cosy when you feel unwell and just want something to snuggle into.


Picture eight is two small crochet bags. I was pleased with them but wish I was clever enough to line them. I think they would be more sturdy if they were lined.
I had fun making them though.


The last picture is a purple and black bag. The handles look a bit strange because of the angle of the picture but they are the same size.
Again, I wish I knew enough to line it and make it more sturdy.


So this sort of catches me up with as much as I can show you. At the moment I am knitting, so rather than add it to this post, I'll give my latest project a post of it's own.


Hope you are all keeping well. I'm too far behind to catch up with you all but hopefully I can go on from here.

Take care!!

:)



6 comments:

  1. It's good to see you back - I'm glad to hear that your Mom is doing better.

    You've been very busy with your crochet. I especially love the ice blue fuzzy scarf. I also like the owl bags - they're so cute. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back! Glad your family is doing well but don't stay away so long. I love working Entrelac crochet. Hope to hear more from you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was lovely to see your email Kim with a comment on my blog.
    I love what you have been doing and the beautiful colours you have used.
    I am very happy for you that your mum is doing well.
    Take care

    ReplyDelete
  4. Girls, thanks so much for your lovely comments and for reading my blog again. It's so lovely to hear from you all. :-)

    Debi, I used 3 50g balls to make that scarf but I still have 6 balls left, so either there are going to be 3 people walking round with identical scarves or I need to think of something else to do with those, haha.

    Charlotte, it was my first try at entrelac and Tunisian and I really liked both. Much easier than I had expected but then I was only doing a basic stitch.
    I hope to be able to stay more regular on here again now as I did really miss blogging and seeing everyone's projects. You feel so motivated don't you. :-)

    Lesley, thanks so much. It's lovely to hear from you again, I loved seeing your work on your blog, you are doing great with your projects.
    :-)

    Thanks again and take care care everyone.
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is such great news that your Mom is doing better. :)

    You have been very busy with all your lovely projects.

    Thanks for visiting me on my blog today...

    Blessings always

    ReplyDelete
  6. I couldn't remember who Kim was...I had to back track to your blog...now I remember.I am glad your mom is on the mend..my dad has had a stint in although has to have it looked at quite often..replaced 2times in the past 20 years. A miracle if you ask me. Happy to see you visited me..don't stay away for so long..hugs and blessings

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave me a message. I really appreciate it.
:)