Steve has been getting moved about and didn't know what was going on at work half the time. He finally decided to go for another job, which meant he would lose everything, benefits, years of service, the lot, but would at least be in a job he liked. So he had an interview and is waiting to hear, should hear late December I think. Meantime, he get's moved again to a position they want him to stay at and finally he feels happy in it!!!
So we'll have to see what happens now.
It was our 25th Wedding anniversary in September and Steve and I had a long weekend away, just the two of us. It's the first time we've been away on our own for 20 years, so it was a real treat. We went to North Yorkshire in a cottage and it was lovely!!! :)
We then had a family week away as well in October, as we had some Tesco vouchers that we had to use or lose, so we booked a caravan for the family.
It was our first break away for 4 years and we really enjoyed just being together with no other pressures.
Craft wise, I've been working on the dreaded grey jumper and am now at the point of doing the neck and then sewing it up... pictures to follow!!
I was given a heap of very pink wool. Very pink!! What to do with it? I decided to have a go at crocheting a sort of small throw thing for the chairs and sofa. I have completed the sofa one but Steve says it's too pink for him and too busy with the cushions as well .... what's your opinions??? Be as brutal as you like, lol.
I'm holding off on the chair backs now as we are seeing whether we can live with this one or not.
The photo doesn't do the pinkness of it justice, it's REALLY pink!!! LOL
I've been disappointed with the dishcloths I made. They hold up beautifully, but the colour faded on the first wash. I used peaches & creme, beautiful shades and very difficult to get hold of over here, so I was pretty fed up how the colour just went, as that was the point of buying it, the beautiful shades it comes in.
Anyhow, I read and read until I came across someone else who had found this a problem and they suggested setting the colour with a mix of vinegar and water. So I have crocheted some new dishcloths and this time set the colour (hopefully!!!) by means of this method. I'll let you know if it works or not!!
I made the first one in a shell and post pattern, the plain yellow is a basket weave and the bottom one is in a half double crochet pattern.
Well blogger insisted on putting all the pictures in a heap at the top of this post, so I've been busy copying and pasting as it wouldn't allow me to move them!! I'm obviously doing something wrong, but for now, hopefully they'll stay where I've put them.
I'm now working on a neck warmer, but I can't decide if I like it or not, so that might be getting unravelled today, we'll see.
I hope to be back soon with the finished jumper to show you, but meantime, I'm going to have a look and see what you've all been up to. Take care!!