Welcome to my blog.

Welcome to my blog.

Wednesday 14 September 2011

TA-DA!!

Well I can hardly believe I'm saying this, but .... my shawlette is FINISHED!!!!  And not only that, but I'm sat wearing it as I type! 

I just took a quick snap to show you, but it is 1am-ish in the morning and so the pictures are a little on the dark side.  I'm wondering whether I need to block it? The pattern says to block if needed.

TA-DA!!!




I enjoyed making this SO much.  I did find an error though, which cost me a little time I needn't have lost.  Somehow between row's 10 and 11 the stitch count is out.

I hadn't checked it for a couple of rows and just thought I'd better do so, only to find it didn't add up.  So I frogged a few rows.  Made sure it all matched up, redid it and still it was wrong. I tried again ... same result. So then I folded the shawlette in two, the sides matched up perfectly.

I checked on google and quite a few people have made this and seemed to get on fine with it. So it occured to me, that once they got going, most experienced crocheters probably wouldn't check the stitch count but would just follow the pattern (which by row 10 you've pretty much well got the hang of), so then if it was only an error in the count, they wouldn't have even noticed.

So with that thought in mind, I just carried on and my hunch must be right as it's worked out fine.


I just used a double knit, as I don't think we can get the recommended yarn here in the UK (Naturally Caron Country) and I have no idea what an equivilent would be.  But anyhow, it's come up fine and I still have alot of yarn left ... infact this is left still from a 100g ball!



So I don't think I've even used half.  My only thoughts are that with it being a fairly thinnish wool and a lacy pattern, you don't get a cosy, warm feeling, so I think I would like to try this again at some point with a heavier yarn.

I really enjoyed making this alot and feel I've really learnt from the challenge.


:)



3 comments:

  1. It came out really nice. Great work. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done,your shawlette is lovely,beautiful pattern and a pretty colour..what's next I wonder?:)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave me a message. I really appreciate it.
:)