Welcome to my blog.

Welcome to my blog.

Friday 2 December 2011

I'm back.

My laptop is back with me, new keyboard, motherboard (? some sort of board anyhow) and we're good to go! It's wonderful to be able to get back on with things and I'm thankful nothing was lost off it either as I hadn't backed it up. (oops)  Lesson learned ... it's now all backed up.

I've been pretty busy though while it's been gone. Life in general has been really manic recently, but in among it all, I'm happy to say I'm finding time to sit with my yarn and do bits still.

Remember the purple scarf I started?  I got this far before I suddenly realised that way, way back I had 'lost' a stitch and it was alot narrower than when I started!  *CRIES*


I'm ashamed to admit it, but I did try and think ways of disguising it before I realised I wouldn't be happy unless I frogged and redone it properly.  SIGH!


I felt much happier once I knew it was right. I had alot of the darker purple left, but hardly any of the light, so the tassles are all dark with only touches of the light, but I actually liked it like that once it was done.
I gifted this to a friend who is going through a hard time right now and am happy to say she seemed to be really pleased with it.


I made myself a warm shawl. It was a free pattern I found on ravelry. Williston Shawl I used a chunky varigated yarn. It's red, dark blue and light blue. I really like it and it wasn't hard to do.




Finished!!  The edging is slightly different to the original pattern. Whereas they had shells either side of each corner, I wanted a shell on the actual corner, so I sort of altered it a little.


It's lovely and snuggly warm. The yarn I used is really cosy. I'd use it again anytime. This is the best picture I could find to show what it's like.

Another thing I've started is a funky fur cowl for another friend. It's a nightmare to crochet with it though. Or at least, I'm finding it a nightmare!



It's nice yarn, I like it, but it's hard to see where the stiches are half the time.  Very pretty though.

And of course, we can't possibly forget Steve's GREY jumper (sweater) now can we? I'm getting on a bit more with the front now, even if I am breaking off and rushing back to my hooks any chance I get.


I keep telling myself the more I get done on it, the quicker it's going to be FINISHED! So I think it's motivating me to press on.

I have some yarn to show you as well, but no pictures of that yet. A good excuse to do another post again soon though.

Hope all is going well with all of you. I see you've all been VERY busy. I'm not sure I'll be able to catch up with your blogs too easily, but we'll see.

:)

3 comments:

  1. Love the shawl - nice colors. Sorry you had to frog your scarf - but like you, I probably would of frogged it too. If there's a mistake, I always see it and it would bother me till I fixed it.

    Good progress on your hubby's jumper - now finish it up so you can be freeeeeeeee. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. so mnay things on the table! Loved the scraf more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kim,great to *see you;) your scarf and shawl are lovely,I would have frogged too. I love the yarn you are using for your latest project, it look all feathery. Good progress on hubby's jumper.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave me a message. I really appreciate it.
:)