Welcome to my blog.

Welcome to my blog.

Friday 11 November 2011

Can't blame anyone but ....

Myself!

And that's what makes it worse.

I'm having real trouble forcing myself to work on Steve's jumper. I keep breaking off and either going and reading or sneaking some crochet to do.

Why????

I've come to the conclusion it's the colour!  I so love working with colours and textures and going back to the dreary grey just isn't appealing.


I'm fine with the pattern and I don't mind knitting that much, although I definitely prefer crochet.
So it has to be the colour and for that I have only myself to blame.

When we were first buying the pattern and sorting out what he wanted, Steve loved this gorgeous blue with sort of flecks in it. He was also up for a lovely cream with browns and fawns ...
Unfortunately I wasn't up for the price of these yarns and found this 'lovely' (ahem) sensible grey ... "It'll go with anything" which was a quarter of the price.

Well now I'm well and truely paying the price and probably deservedly so. Poor Steve, he went along with the grey to please me and now I'm whinging about not enjoying it.
Well ladies, I WILL finish this jumper for him and not only that but I will probably let him choose whatever colour /price (within reason) he pleases next time (as long as it's not grey! and not too extortionate).
It's been a lesson learnt!

So you want to see my sneaky project I've been amusing myself with while hiding from the jumper?

A scarf! 
I'm using two balls of DK crocheted together. One a lilac shade and one a purple. I love it! It looks so effective in real life. I can't seem to get the colours to show properly for you.


I've been driven mad though with the KNOTS!!! GRRRR, I really, really do NOT like coming across these. They are so annoying to me.




Anyhow, it's growing.   So just a quick pattern out of my head. One row of BP FP DC and then two rows of normal DC. I just tried it to see what it looks like. It gives a nice pattern I think.


I'm not sure you can really see it though, with the colours blending like this.




Oh well, back to the grey now ....   :(

3 comments:

  1. Very pretty scarf - love the colors blending together.

    I know how you feel about not wanting to work on a certain project. A while back I had to crochet an afghan for a friend (she paid for it) and I just thought I would never get finished with it. There were so many other things I wanted to do. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving the scarf...I hate knots also..esp if you pay more than the average price for the yarn. Have a great weekend

    ReplyDelete
  3. The scarf you are crocheting is very pretty, Kim. No wonder you are having trouble concentrating on the knitting. Still, it is a labour of love and I know you will complete it which will mean more crocheting time :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave me a message. I really appreciate it.
:)